Navaratri is a festive time of year – a time to embrace the positive energy of Shakti, to enjoy arts, to celebrate being “together” (together separately in times of COVID-19), and to re-commit ourselves to a path of learning and personal growth.
To celebrate this, Kala Vandanam brings you Devi Divya Daayini, an online festival celebrating the beauty of slokam, stories and sahityam. Alongside this festival, we bring you wearable art – simply titled “shakti.”
PROCEEDS raised will support organizations that empower women and girls.
Short and long sleeved t-shirts, and an organic cotton bag – $18-$23
Proceeds raised will support organizations that support the empowerment of women and girls. These organizations will distribute the funds based on their criteria.
The more sold, the higher the contribution! Additionally, all donations above any beyond will go to supporting women and girls (minus credit card fees).
All of the effort for this campaign has been done pro-bono, in service to the empowerment of women and girls.
DESIGNS and ORDERING
Project Concept – Suchitra Sairam
Graphic Design – Priya Natarajan
Dancers design inspired by watercolor artwork of Kala Vandanam student Keerthi Pamulaparthy
Want to support, but not interested in buying a shirt? You can contribute through Kala Vandanam’s PayPal account – please just add a memo “Shakti Fundraiser.” Thank you for your generosity!
BENEFICIARY ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDE:
She’s the First – https://shesthefirst.org/
Yuwa – https://www.yuwa-india.org/
We would be pleased to add other beneficiary organizations doing this noble work – please reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss further.
- HOW LONG IS THE CAMPAIGN? – you can order from October 16 – October 27, 2020.
- IF I ORDER NOW, WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SHIRT(S)? – Orders are expected to ship 12 days after the close of the campaign. Delivery times will vary based on location and the current situation with the pandemic.
- HOW MUCH WILL GO TO ARTISTS? – A minimum of $9 per shirt will be donated. The more sold, the higher the contribution! Additionally, all donations above any beyond will go to supporting artists (minus credit card fees). All of the effort put into this campaign has been done pro-bono, in service to artists and the community.
- CAN I PICK IT UP FROM KALA VANDANAM? – If you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN metro area, we can arrange for you to pick up from the Kala Vandanam studio (COVID-19 precautions taken)
- CAN YOU SHIP TO ME? – our partner Custom Ink ships to all locations in the US, and many around the world.
- ORDERING TIP – pool your shipments with friends who live near you, to save on shipping costs!
- CAN I GET A DIFFERENT STYLE OR COLOR? – We are limited in the number of styles and colors we can offer for the campaign, due to order minimums and web platforms. But if you really want a different style or color, reach out and let us know – we’ll see if we can make it happen for you!
- WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON DIFFERENT LINKS AND PAY SEPARATELY TO ORDER SHIRTS and BAGS? – We are genuinely sorry for this inconvenience, it is just the nature of these fundraising web platforms.